Conference on Global Organized Crime
The world's first 24-hour conference on global organized crime will take place on November 10-11, 2020. More than 200 organized crime experts from 45 countries will gather online to discuss a diverse range of topics, including environmental crime, migrant smuggling, the illicit antiquities trade, drug trafficking and the impact of emerging technologies on organized crime.
Three leading global networks on countering organized crime, the Center for Information and Research on Organized Crime (CIROC), the International Association for the Study of Organized Crime (IASOC), the Standing Group on Organized Crime (ECPR-SGOC), together with the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime (GI-TOC), will host the first-of-its-kind event.
More than 240 academics and researchers, 80 students and 1,000 participants are registered to attend the 24-hour event. The online event will welcome an international audience, allowing those who might not have the means or funding to attend a physical event to take part.
A total of 60 sessions, including panels, book interviews and video screenings, will run non-stop across four parallel tracks. Virtual coffee breaks will also offer a chance for networking.
The conference will be a ground-breaking event for all practitioners, scholars, students, and relevant
stakeholder groups working against organized crime.
- All information on the conference is available at https://oc24.globalinitiative.net/
- The conference beings at 08h00 EDT and 14h00 CET on November 10th and 00h00 AET on November 11th.
- Watch the conference official video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drlsDAq161Q
- The hashtag for the event is #OC24
- Only pre-registered participants will be able to attend the event. For more details on how to register here.
About the organizers: https://oc24.globalinitiative.net/about/
- Press release 24-hour conference on organized crime
- Communiqué de presse Conférence de 24 heures sur le crime organisé mondial
- Comunicado de prensa Conferencia de 24 horas sobre crimen organizado
- Comunicato stampa Conferenza die 24 ore sul crimine organizzato